Open top menu
Sunday, March 17, 2013

Download and Print the following Documents prior to starting this course
File 1
File 2

Lesson 1
Lesson 2
Lesson 3

Whenever you read a word in the Quran, it has to belong to one family. In all of Arabic there are only 3 giant families, each of which has a name. Let say for example they are,
Category A - Ism
Category B - Fearlyn
Category C - Harfun

Harfz is a word which makes no sense, unless another word comes after it
Example - Imagine I get off at the airport in a City in Chicago and I stop a taxi. The taxi driver asks, where do you want to go and I say, "to". He looks at me again and I say, "I told you earlier, to" Then he asks me to give more information than to, and I say, "at". In English these are called prepositions

Fearlyn is a word that is either stuck in the past tense, present tense or future tense
Example, the word traveled. This is past tense
I am riding, present tense
These are called verbs

Ism means a lot of things, including Person, place, thing, idea, adjective, adverb and more
This lamp is weird
Husna is a beautiful girl
That's a beautiful house
museum, school, house, marker, lamp, TV, camera
Ideas anger, happiness, sadness in English its called infinitive
adjective strong, boring
adverbs silly, happily, angrily

Ism has four properties

Ism is like the tyres of a car, it should have equal size, space etc. When you look at a car you can tell its four tyres, similarly when you look at an ism you can tell its 4 properties
1. Status
2. Number
3. Gender
4. Type

1. Status

I was eating too much chocolate
My tooth began aching
My dentist gave me a root canal

Although the words I, My and me refer to the same individual, you cannot interchange the words amongst each other as the sentence wouldn't make sense
Think of each sentence as a story, and in that story you are trying to figure out who is the most important character. The most important character is the one who does something.

Three types of status
1. Doer (Rauflyn)
2. Detail   (nashr)
3. After 'of' (jahr')

Example, The Messenger of Allah taught us
Doer: Messenger of Allah
Fearlyn: taught

Our parents will pray for our success

Who gave the root canal?
Who did he give it to?
What did the dentist give me
Whose dentist was he?
The After 'of'  has nothing to do with the fierlyn
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments